Sunday, July 13, 2008

Why I Paint What I Paint

Dear Friends, Someone recently commented on why I painted the 29th Street piece and also painted Lake Powell and how different the locations are. I must admit that I look for inspiration when I paint but I am also just enamored with painting so sometimes it doesn't matter what I paint as long as I am painting. I also like to challenge myself. It helps me continue to grow as an artist. 29th Street is the street where I live so I figured it was time to paint it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have painted so many parts of your life -- your kitchen, bedroom, your living room, your friends reflected in your vanity mirror, so many things full of delightful surprises that we would not have if we only saw your landcapes. An artist like a writer must paint what she knows, must paint her own world.
Those late model cars belonging to your neighbors were very nicely rendered, by the way.