Friday, March 30, 2007

Behind Tohono Chul Park - Oil on Board - 9" x 12" -

This painting is a plein air field study. It was done during a paint out at Tohono Chul Park in Tucson. The Tucson Plein Air Painters' Society was having a "Quick Draw". This is where you are given one hour to complete a painting. Not a very easy task! I had never done a quick draw so this was my very first one. Tohono Chul Park is a botanical park and there are so many things to paint that I became overwhelmed. I decided to go behind the park and paint the Catalina mountains. This painting is $175. If you would like to purchase it, you can reach me at:judith@judithdagostino.com

2 comments:

Mishcka said...

I love this painting! That you could do it in an hour is amazing.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Yes, this one is so lucious! I love the loose feel and the color harmonies.