Monday, April 28, 2008

Columbus Park Lake View - 9" x 12" - Oil on Canvas Board

I have started walking my dog at this park down the street. It is sports a man-made lake where people who like to fish can enjoy the stocked lake. OK, it isn't a "real" sporting event but a relaxing one where people can get up early in the morning to commune with nature. I came across a grandmother fishing with her grandson who was probably 16 years of age! How sweet is that? There is a guy name Bill. He must be 80. He has told me he would be happy to teach me to fish there and gave me some fish bait advice. Then there was this photographer who sat for a few hours waiting for the crane to fly, skid across the water and walk silently and gracefully along the shore. I loved it there and so came back the second day without my dog. I didn't paint the lake however but stood at one of the paths painting the backdrop to the lake. This is what I came up with.

1 comment:

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I like the atmospheric perspective, Judith. The edges are really interesting too. You can tell you really liked it here, it's a great painting!